May 2016 was the second New Haven Bike Month.
In May 2016, with the support of the Greater New Haven Fund and the Community Foundation of Greater New Haven, New Haven Bike Month organized and/or helped to organize many events throughout the City of New Haven.
During New Haven Bike Month 2016:
- 8 Open Streets events were organized
- 200 “4 Lanes 4 New Haven” photos collected for advocacy campaign
- 125 helmets were fitted and distributed to New Haven kids who needed them
- 35 bikes were fitted and distributed
- 2 pop-up bike lanes were built
- And countless rides were organized (including Critical Mass, Bike Party, #NHVTourDeBrew, Feminist Ride, etc.)
Here's our video summarizing the results of our 4 Lanes 4 New Haven campaign:
IN THE NEWS
April 28th, 2016
Yale Daily News, "New Haven Gears Up for Bike Month"
April 22nd, 2016
New Haven Independent, "Bike Month Sets Off on Two Wheels"
April 6th, 2016
New Haven Register, "New Haven Bike Month Returns This May"