May 2015 was the first New Haven Bike Month.
1. To promote and ramp up the incredible biking events already happening in the city.
2. And to expand the definition of what it means to be a cyclist in New Haven.
- Open Streets Festivals
- Traffic Skills 101
- Bike to Work Breakfast
- Pizza & Pints Bike Tour
- Alleycat Scavenger Hunt
- Critical Mass
- Bike Clinics
- Cargo bike gathering
- Bicycle film festival
- Bike rodeo
- Bike polo
- Group rides
Our organizing team included Tambira Armmand, Coby Zeifman, Melinda Tuhus, Bill Kurtz, Georgi Korbanov, Karolina Ksiazek, and Caroline Smith.
Special thanks to Doug Hausladen, Chris Schweitzer, Matt Feiner, & many more.
- Elm City Cycling
- New Haven Department of Transportation, Traffic, and Parking
- New Haven Department of Parks and Recreation
- Devil's Gear Bike Shop
- Injury Free Coalition for Kids
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center
- New Haven Police Department
- Yale University Police Department
- Yale Environmental Health and Safety
- Safe Kids
- Urban Outfitters, Inc.
- College Street Cycles
- AAA Northeast
In the news
April 16, 2015
Yale Daily News, "City launches first bike month"
May 8, 2015
Daily Nutmeg, "Backpedaling"